The EMAQ+ air quality management programme provides training and technical guidance for Air Quality Management professionals who have responsibilities, under Part IV of the Environment Act 1995 and related regulations, to monitor ambient concentrations
of air pollutants, review air quality, assess whether remedial action is required, designate air quality management areas, put in place actions plans, and provide air quality information to the public.
The range of materials offered under the air quality management programme caters for operational level staff that are new to the area and for more experienced officers who wish to update and extend their knowledge of the subject.
The EMAQ+ Air quality management programme covers such topics as:
• The fundamentals of air quality review and assessment;
• The use of dispersion modelling and updating air quality assessments;
• Good practice for monitoring air pollutants and for data analysis;
• Declaring air quality management areas and action planning;
• Managing the influence of transport on air quality via the planning process;
• Integration of air quality management with climate change policies.
Please note, you must nominate a Supervising Officer to complete the Essentials of LAQM course. Please visit your Dashboard on the My Courses page to select a Supervisor.