This is a pre-recorded webinar. Estimated time to view webinar is 5hrs. It is available for 2 weeks from 21 November - 4 December 2022.
Fee = £295.00 plus VAT or 2 credits
This course covers the principles of environmental permitting and will explain how industrial activities are regulated under the UK’s Pollution Prevention and control framework. The role of PPC and the interfaces and conflict with other legislation and areas of work such as Statutory Nuisance will be examined. Delegates will be introduced to the EU Industrial Emissions Directive, which instructs and supports LAPPC / LA-IPPC. The structure and amendments to the Environmental Permitting (England and
Wales) Regulations 2016 (As amended) will be discussed in detail. The role of guidance including the General Guidance Manual, and PG/SG notes will be reviewed and statutory obligations for Local Authorities, such as consultation will be determined. Good practice, as required to effectively manage the LAPPC / LA - IPPC function will be analysed in detail.
The course stands alone but can be also undertaken as module 1 of the EMAQ/MJAC ‘Essentials of PPC’ course - a structured programme of training leading to the Certificate in Pollution Prevention and Control accredited by the Institute of Air Quality Management.
On completion of the seminar delegates will understand:
- How Environmental Permitting fits into the legislative framework for England & Wales
- What interfaces exist between LAPPC / LA-IPPC legislation & other environmental legislation
- An understanding of terminology & jargon
- An appreciation of European legislation & its effect on UK legislation
- PPC Act & EP Regulations 2016 (as amended)
- General Guidance Manual, SG Notes & PG Notes
- Public Register and public participation requirements
- Good management of the PPC function
- Statutory duties of Local Authorities
To undertake the Essential of PPC course, you must nominate a Supervising Officer from your Local Authority. Once enrolled on the course, visit your My Courses page and in the Supervision
box, click "Select supervisor here". Your nominated Supervisor should
be a responsible line manager or mentor who has an interest in your
training development programme and they will be required to verify you
have undertaken the course under appropriate conditions, as part of your
training and development programme.
Not an EMAQ+ member?
Click here to purchase this course by Purchase Order/Invoice