This is a pre-recorded webinar. It is available for 6 months from 20 November 2023. Estimated time to view this webinar is 5 hrs.
Fee = £295.00 plus VAT or 2 credits
The module will ensure that delegates understand how to effectively manage and discharge the duties required of them as authorised officers in respect of Local Authority Pollution Prevention and Control and LA-IPPC. Management issues such as performance management techniques, partnership working and the auditing and peer review of the Pollution Prevention and Control function are determined. The practical issues of managing site inspections, inspection techniques, risk assessments, fees and charges and the legal powers of inspectors are investigated. The legal duty for a Local Authority to hold a public register of permitted activities is discussed.
The module will complete with an in-depth examination of formal action options that a Local Authority may instigate for issues of non-compliance with permitting requirements, practical advice on how to organise and manage formal proceedings and a case study to illustrate enforcement at a permitted activity site.
This module stands alone but can be also undertaken as Module 5 of the EMAQ+ ‘Essentials of PPC’ course - a structured programme of training leading to the Certificate in Pollution Prevention and Control.
On completion of this module, delegates will have a better understanding of:
- Gained a better understanding of how to performance manage the LA-PPC / IPPC function
- What needs to be provided with respect to a public register and the tests of “commercially confidential information” and information subject to “national security” considerations
- An appreciation of the techniques of inspection and options available for LA enforcement officers
- How to risk assess a permitted activity and what fees and charges to apply
- An awareness of the powers of an inspector as provided in law and the pro’s and con’s of the enforcement tools at their disposal
- An appreciation of what to expect when undertaking formal action, including taking a prosecution case to court
- The practical application of enforcement through a case study
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: To undertake the Essential of PPC course, you must nominate a Supervising Officer from your Local Authority. Once enrolled on the course, visit your My Courses page and in the Supervision
box, click "Select supervisor here". Your nominated Supervisor should
be a responsible line manager or mentor who has an interest in your
training development programme and they will be required to verify you
have undertaken the course under appropriate conditions, as part of your
training and development programme.
Once booked, to view the webinar, click on the grey bars below, they will expand to
reveal the links to "Watch the Webinar". Once you have completed
viewing each of the webinars and the online requirements (for Essentials
and Advanced courses, this includes the Knowledge Check and Feedback),
you will then be able to download your CPD (as a PDF file). Remember to
click on the "Complete and Close session" button after viewing each webinar. PLEASE NOTE: if you fail to do this, you will be unable to complete the Knowledge Check, Feedback and obtain your CPD.
Not an EMAQ+ member?
Click here to purchase this course by Purchase Order/Invoice