This is a pre-recorded webinar. It is available for 6 months from 20 November 2023. Estimated time to view this webinar is 5 hrs.
Fee = £295.00 plus VAT or 2 credits
This module will cover the monitoring issues to be taken into account when setting emissions control conditions in a permit for Local Authority Pollution Prevention and Control and LA-IPPC. The techniques of monitoring and sampling emissions to air, monitoring and sampling requirements to control discharges to water and monitoring and sampling requirements to avoid / minimise land contamination will be provided. How to identify the measurement and sampling techniques to use, the standards to apply; and how to ensure that monitoring has been undertaken suitably and reported correctly will be made clear to delegates.
Odour, noise, waste minimisation, resource efficiency and energy efficiency – together with any associated monitoring needed at Part B and A(2) permitted activities will also be covered.
This module stands alone but can be also undertaken as Module 4 of the EMAQ+ ‘Essentials of PPC’ course - a structured programme of training leading to the Certificate in Pollution Prevention and Control.
On completion of this module, delegates will have a better understanding of:
- The principles of monitoring and sampling emissions to air and understand what monitoring is required to regulate discharges to water
- Know what conditions to set and test to prevent or minimise land contamination from A(2) permitted activities
- Best practice for monitoring noise emissions and control techniques
- Best practice for monitoring and sampling odour emissions and mitigation techniques
- Understand the importance of energy efficiency, resource efficiency and waste minimisation to the operator of a permitted activity amd how to monitor and sample the usage / production of them
- Be able to understand the practical considerations of checking compliance with emission monitoring and reporting on emissions to air
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: To undertake the Essential of PPC course, you must nominate a Supervising Officer from your Local Authority. Once enrolled on the course, visit your My Courses page and in the Supervision
box, click "Select supervisor here". Your nominated Supervisor should
be a responsible line manager or mentor who has an interest in your
training development programme and they will be required to verify you
have undertaken the course under appropriate conditions, as part of your
training and development programme.
Once booked, to view the webinar, click on the grey bars below, they will expand to
reveal the links to "Watch the Webinar". Once you have completed
viewing each of the webinars and the online requirements (for Essentials
and Advanced courses, this includes the Knowledge Check and Feedback),
you will then be able to download your CPD (as a PDF file). Remember to
click on the "Complete and Close session" button after viewing each webinar. PLEASE NOTE: if you fail to do this, you will be unable to complete the Knowledge Check, Feedback and obtain your CPD.
Not an EMAQ+ member?
Click here to purchase this course by Purchase Order/Invoice