This is a pre-recorded webinar available for 2 weeks from 7 - 20 March 2023. Estimated time to view this webinar is 5 hrs.
Fee = £295.00 plus VAT or 2 credits
This seminar will cover the
monitoring issues to be taken into account when setting emissions
control conditions in an Environmental Permitting Regulations (EPR)
permit for Pollution Prevention and Control (PPC). We will:
- Provide delegates with a comprehensive
introduction to monitoring emissions to air;
- Give an overview of the monitoring needed to control discharges to water and to avoid land contamination;
- Identify the measurement and sampling techniques to use; identify the standards to apply; and
how to ensure that monitoring has been undertaken suitably and reported correctly.
noise, waste minimisation and energy efficiency – together with any
associated monitoring needed - will also be covered. The seminar/webinar
will focus on how the regulator
can assist the operator in demonstrating compliance by producing
‘good’ conditions in a permit.
On completion of the seminar attendees will:
- Appreciate the principles of measuring emissions to air and
understand what monitoring is required to regulate discharges to water
- Know what conditions to set and test to prevent land contamination and avoid odour and noise nuisance
- Be able to explain how compliance with permit conditions may be demonstrated and confirmed
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: To undertake the Essential of PPC course, you must nominate a Supervising Officer from your Local Authority. Once enrolled on the course, visit your My Courses page and in the Supervision
box, click "Select supervisor here". Your nominated Supervisor should
be a responsible line manager or mentor who has an interest in your
training development programme and they will be required to verify you
have undertaken the course under appropriate conditions, as part of your
training and development programme.
Once booked, to view the webinar, click on the grey bars below, they will expand to
reveal the links to "Watch the Webinar". Once you have completed
viewing each of the webinars and the online requirements (for Essentials
and Advanced courses, this includes the Knowledge Check and Feedback),
you will then be able to download your CPD (as a PDF file). Remember to
click on the "Complete and Close session" button after viewing each webinar. PLEASE NOTE: if you fail to do this, you will be unable to complete the Knowledge Check, Feedback and obtain your CPD.