This is a pre-recorded webinar. It is available for 2 weeks from 9 to 22 January 2023. Fee = £295.00 plus VAT or 2 credits
Following a suitable site investigation and assessment of potential risks, it may be concluded that remediation is needed to manage land contamination issues. What techniques are available in the UK? What are their strengths and weaknesses? And how can a suitable remediation strategy be derived and its implementation robustly verified.
This course will provide an overview of the range of remediation technologies used in the UK to demonstrably break source-pathway-receptor linkages, the implications of current waste legislation for brownfield development and how an updated conceptual site model (CSM) is key to developing any remediation strategy.
By the end of the webinar delegates should:
- Be aware of the how waste legislation can interact with land contamination decisions during redevelopment;
- Have a basic understanding of the 20+ generic pre-treatment, treatment and post treatment technologies available to contaminated land managers in the UK;
- Understand how a robust and up-to-date CSM is critical to developing a technically valid and sustainable remediation strategy;
- Appreciate the options appraisal process for the selection of effective risk management options; and
- Know the importance of a scientifically-rigorous verification report.
The course stands alone but can be also undertaken as one module of the Essentials of Contaminated Land Management series - a structured programme of training leading to the Certificate in Contaminated Land accredited by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
The course will be presented by experienced trainers in short sections interspersed with interactive content, activities and practical exercises. Delegates will also be encouraged to submit questions during the day, which the trainers will do their best to address.
To undertake the Essential of CLM course, you must nominate a Supervising Officer from your Local Authority. Once enrolled on the course, visit your My Courses page and in the Supervision
box, click "Select supervisor here". Your nominated Supervisor should
be a responsible line manager or mentor who has an interest in your
training development programme and they will be required to verify you
have undertaken the course under appropriate conditions, as part of your
training and development programme.
Not an EMAQ+ member?
Click here to purchase this course by Purchase Order/Invoice