This is a pre-recorded webinar available for 2 weeks from 6 to 19 June 2022 (extended to 26 June 2022). Fee = £295.00 plus VAT or 2 credits
This seminar/webinar will cover the monitoring issues to be taken into account when setting emissions control conditions in an Environmental Permitting Regulations (EPR) permit for Pollution Prevention and Control (PPC). We will:
- Provide delegates with a comprehensive
introduction to monitoring emissions to air;
- Give an overview of the monitoring needed to control discharges to water and to avoid land contamination;
- Identify the measurement and sampling techniques to use; identify the standards to apply; and
how to ensure that monitoring has been undertaken suitably and reported correctly.
Odour, noise, waste minimisation and energy efficiency – together with any associated monitoring needed - will also be covered. The seminar/webinar will focus on how the regulator
can assist the operator in demonstrating compliance by producing ‘good’ conditions in a permit.
On completion of the seminar/webinar attendees will:
- Appreciate the principles of measuring emissions to air and understand what monitoring is required to regulate discharges to water
- Know what conditions to set and test to prevent land contamination and avoid odour and noise nuisance
- Be able to explain how compliance with permit conditions may be demonstrated and confirmed
To undertake the Essential of PPC course, you must nominate a Supervising Officer from your Local Authority. Once enrolled on the course, visit your My Courses page and in the Supervision
box, click "Select supervisor here". Your nominated Supervisor should
be a responsible line manager or mentor who has an interest in your
training development programme and they will be required to verify you
have undertaken the course under appropriate conditions, as part of your
training and development programme.
Not an EMAQ+ member?
Click here to purchase this course by credit card
Click here to purchase this course by Purchase Order/Invoice